Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a grieving mother really thinks - Author Unknown

Hello old friend,

Oh yes you know I lost my child a while ago. No, no please. Don’t look away and change the subject, It’s ok. You see at first I couldn’t feel, It took so long, but now it’s real. I hurt so much inside you see, I need to talk, Come sit with me?

You see, I was numb for so very long, and people said, “My, she is so strong.” They did not know I couldn’t feel, my broken heart made all unreal.

But then one day, as I awoke I clutched my chest, began to choke, such a scream, such a wail, broke from me.. My child! My child!

The horror of reality. But everyone has moved on, you see,everyone except for me. Now, when I need friends most of all, between us there now stands a wall. My pain is more than they can bear, when I mention my child, I see their blank stare.

“But I thought you were over it,” Their eyes seem to say--No, no, I can’t listen to this, not today. So I smile and pretend, and say, “Oh, I’m ok”. But inside I am crying, as I turn away. And so my old friend, I shall paint on a smile, as I have from the start. You never knowing all the while, all I’ve just said to you in my heart.

Love,
A grieving mother

2 comments:

  1. There will be no wall, no moving past it and no blank stares from me. I will do my best to be right beside you always, except for the times that I will step behind you to hold you up if needed.

    LYBOO

    ReplyDelete