Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 15th

I never did get around to writing on October 15th like I wanted to. October 15th was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day is to promote Support, Education and Awareness for grieving parents nationwide (and worldwide).

Too many families grieve in silence, sometimes never coming to terms with their loss.

I feel as though I am in such a better place than I could have been because I was not grieving in silence. I spoke, and continue to speak about my loss. I speak about Aurora all of the time, visit her all of the time and love her always.

I honestly would hate to know where I would be if I wasn't open about my loss and all of my feelings. I know I wouldn't be where I am today. I know I wouldn't be able to smile today when I think of Aurora.

At 7pm, we lit a candle for Aurora.





This is something that we'll continue to do for the next many many years!

Lighting a candle is not just something that a family does for their little one. It is also something that anyone can do to remember all of the babies lost. I hope that next year, some of you will join us in lighting a candle, not only for Aurora, but for all of the babies lost.


3 comments:

  1. Your candle is beautiful Stephanie!! I also lit my candle for my angel baby. I am so sorry any of us have to do this, but very glad we can all come together all over the world and remember together all the beautiful babies that were to special for earth!

    btw I am on the TTAL board (mysticial) if you are trying to figure out who I am lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candle is beautiful. I lit two candles on Friday - one for my bean and one for all the babies of my friends IRL and on the TTCAL board.

    (((HUGS)))

    ps. it's Stillbaking

    ReplyDelete