Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy (?) Thanksgiving

Today has turned out to be harder than I thought it was going to be. I just can't be thankful for anything when the thing that I am not thankful for is so huge. I'm trying, I really am. I just can't do it. I can't help but think about all the things I should be doing today. I can't help but think about the cute thanksgiving outfit I would have bought for Aurora. I can't help but think about how Aurora would be on solids now, and how I would have found a turkey flavored baby food.

I can't help but think about all of these things that I should have been so thankful for... and then the tears come.

So now I have to go, and try my best not to be sad to bring everyone else down. I just hate this. I hate all of this.

7 months later, and today hurts just as badly as it did day 1.

I think the part that hurts the most, is seeing everyone else being thankful for things that I can't be thankful for. And the whole thought of why them and not me. Why do they get to be thankful today. Why do they get their happy ending and not me. What the hell did they do so much better that they deserve it more than I do?

Pity party today for one. Happy not-so-thankful Thanksgiving to you.

2 comments:

  1. It is just another day. . . that happens to be a national holiday. Grief doesn't take holidays off. In fact, I just posted this morning about how unthankful I am today. It is hard. We miss our babies. Why should today be easier? It is not.

    I understand how you are feeling ~ I honestly do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry Stephanie. The holidays are really hard. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete