Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 19th Day Of Hope



I dropped of my memory box at the hospital today. It was such a simple thing, that means so much to someone. I was lucky enough to have friends and family who were able to gather these things for us, but not everyone has that option or has those things ready.

I first stopped off at the information desk to see if they needed to take it first. I told the lady there what is was and that i was donating it to labor and delivery. She jumped back and gasped and then started to cry. She said her daughter just lost her son a few weeks ago. So I told her that it was almost 4 months for me, and she asked "Does it get any easier?" I didn't know how to answer her. Yes, it gets easier.... but it still hurts like hell.

I dropped the box off with labor and delivery, and then cried my way home. I really hope that my box never reaches someones hands, but in the reality that it will... i hope it brings them comfort and peace.

The NILMDTS photographer told my parents that he going to the hosptial about once a month, so knowing that it happens that often is scary. I think that this is something i'm going to donate more often, and not just on August 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment