Monday, April 8, 2013

Death

I was thinking of something the other night, and in no way, shape, or form do I want this to sound like I want this or welcome it.

Does your mind ever wander when you're riding in a car? Maybe for a split second you picture being slammed into by the car that swerved a bit in the lane next to you. And your mind just goes and you think about your death. You get scared, and thank whoever you believe in that it didn't happen.

I'm not afraid of dying anymore.

If death were to come to me soon, I would not be afraid. No, I am not done with my life here and there are still so many things I want to do. But I also have a life waiting for me in heaven as well. I have my daughter to hold and love and squeeze. I do not fear death for this reason and this reason only.

I work in a Muslim private school. One day I told one of my co-workers about Aurora. She had then mentioned how they believe when a child dies it is a free pass to heaven for the parent. (She said this much better, that actually brought tears to my eyes). I never not thought I'd make it into heaven. But I also watched my grandmother, a woman who had nothing to fear in my eyes, on her death bed fear that she wouldn't make it to heaven.

So if death were to come. I will not be afraid. Because my other life is waiting for me in heaven, and it'll always be there waiting for me to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment