Saturday, April 13, 2013

Aurora Borealis

I have shared before about how seeing the Aurora Borealis with my father and my grandmother back in 1998 is where Aurora's namesake came from. I still remember that moment standing on the deck, my father was to my right, and I just thought out loud "I like that name; Aurora."

So tonight, there was a very good chance of seeing the Aurora's. I was following the forecasters very closely. And then really studying this picture that was going around.



We live in the "Fair" area, but are within an hour or two drive away from the "good" area. I realized going further south was not the best idea to see them.... but if south was the clear skies, than south it was.

So after Jason got out of work, we called up my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and wanted to see if they wanted to go with us to the Outlet Mall that is a little less than 2 hours away. Why not do a little shopping, have a good dinner and then try to see the Aurora Borealis?

The skies were so clear! Maybe one or two clouds in the sky. However, we could not see anything. Although a little bummed, we did have a fun time together. And as I said to my SIL, if I had stayed at home, that big "what if" would have hung over my head.

Someday I will see the Aurora Borealis again! I already said when I win the lottery i'm taking my father to Greenland, we'll stay there until we see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment