Wednesday, September 22, 2010

5 Months

How did the 5 month mark pass, and I didn't even realize it. I went the whole day, thinking of Aurora, but never thinking about what the actual day was.

I cannot believe it's been 5 months already. 5 months since I held Aurora in my arms. 5 months since we said hello, and good bye at the same time.

While at times, it feels as though we are still so fresh and new with our grief. It also feels like it has been forever. I find it hard to remember the times before we lost Aurora. This pain, this emptiness. It feels like it has always been there. I cannot remember being happy. Truly happy. Is that strange? Is that wrong?

The months have seemed to fly by without her, and they have seemed to drag on too.

I think I am still in shock over all of this. My feelings are still so fresh, new, and so hard to explain. The deadness, the emptiness, the loss of hope.

I love you Aurora. And I miss you more than words can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment