Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thanks Pinterest

Thanks to Pinterest, I found a really great idea on another way to honor and cherish Aurora.

She had a closet full of clothes that she never got to wear. When we cleaned her room, most of the clothes were packed away for "baby" and some were packed in Aurora's bin.

I hate that there is a ton of stuff in her bin. I hate it for the fact that it's just sitting there. It's just going to become a big bin that gets stored away.

To help on that feeling. I took some of the clothes, and cut it up into squares.


I am not a quilter, nor do I sew well at all. Pinterest gave me the idea to take those squares and crochet around them. I did a practice blanket, that I still need to finish. But I started working on Aurora's as well. I really hope this blanket turns out as beautiful as it is in my mind.


I am going to pair the fabric squares with regular crochet squares to hope fill the blanket out more. Much like I am doing with the practice blanket I started. I am really excited to finish this blanket!


I also plan on taking smaller scrap squares and making it into a baby blanket for any possible future babies... and I also have yards of fabric that we bought to make curtains above her closet and never got around to doing that. I'm going to have to make something out of those as well.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea to honor Aurora! I love it and really do think it will turn out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete