Monday, December 12, 2011

Candle Lighting


Yesterday was The Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting held annually in memory of all precious children who are loved, missed, and remembered.

It's a beautiful event full of wonderful parents who have lost children of all ages. Once again this year, my parents read the Grandparents Credo. And once again, it was very difficult to hear them read it. Sometimes in our grief, we forget about the others who are also grieving. Not only are my parents still grieving Aurora, but they are also struggling watching me grieve. I tend to forget about that part... that is until something like this happens that reminds me.

I held it together for most of the service. Until someone sang this song:


It is such a beautiful song and the words just really hit me.

Merry Christmas my dear Aurora. I know you were there with us yesterday as Grandma, Poppy, Dad and I all lit candles for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment