Monday, August 22, 2011

August 19th - Day of Hope

I was away on vacation and I am now finally getting the chance to write about August 19th - Day of Hope.



Last year, the day of hope made memory boxes to take to hospitals. Sometimes you are not prepared when you enter the hospital to hear that your child had died.. and sometimes you are unaware that your healthy baby that was just born, has died. These memory boxes hold small tokens that express that you are not alone.

This year, I could not find a thing about the memory boxes. However, I still made a memory box in honor of August 19th - Day of Hope.



I was so happy with the card I made, it's very simple... but the paper had dragonflies!!!





I hope this box never makes it into the hands of a person. But the reality is, that it will. I then hope, that this box will give someone comfort in knowing that they are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment